Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Have you discovered my secret?

You know the one that if I'm upset about something I disappear. I don't talk it out I go mute.

So I didn't meet the self-imposed goal. And that just chaps my ass. I do really good under pressure. I do better under pressure than I would just moseying along taking my time. But it didn't happen and I'm pissed so I disappeared.

I am writing again, finally. But I've had some big dragons to slay. Like the girl with an ear infection that just won't go away. And the boy who thinks eighteen months is the new terrible twos. Why bother to learn to talk when screaming ALL DAY LONG is infinitely more enjoyable? I'm seriously considering having my ipod earphones surgically implanted in my head.

So there's a new deadline in place. You're probably scratching your head wondering why since the last one was so successful and all. But again, I do well under pressure. It's not quite as tidy as the last deadline. One year rolled off the tongue so much better than one year and one month. But if it all goes according to plan I'll be finished with the draft just in time to hop a plane ALONE for a weekend in California. Just me, a hard copy of the novel, and a new red pen.

I can almost see the ink stains on my fingers. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment